Individual Plant Grant
Our ecosystems are in crisis and need your help by planting more native plants. Bona Terra is offering plant grants to individuals who are ready to start making a difference in their communities. Choose your plan of action from the approved options below to bring more native plants to your community. Individuals may choose 2 community pot quarts of seedlings per pick up. You will be responsible for dividing and either directly planting them or potting them up to be given away for free to members of your community.
The intention of the plant grant is to create habitat, inform members of our communities about the importance and value of planting natives, and to make native plants more accessible in our communities. Please select one or more approved plans in the form below.
We have expanded the species available to Individual Plant Grantees!
Individual Plant Grantees can now choose two species from the following list and receive quarts of seedlings to divide and plant!
- Euthamia graminifolia LE (Flat-top Goldenrod)*agressive species– not for small gardens
- Solidago juncea LE (Early Goldenrod)
- Asclepias incarnata (Swamp Milkweed) (limited quantities)
- Asclepias verticillata (Whorled Milkweed)
- Boltonia asteroides (False Aster)
- Coreopsis lanceolata (Lance-leaf Coreopsis)
- Eryngium yuccifolium (Rattlensake Master)
- Helenium autumnale (Sneezeweed)
- Iris versicolor (Blue Flag Iris)
- Ludwigia alternifolia (Seedbox)
- Oligoneuron rigidum (Rigid Goldenrod)
- Penstemon digitalis (Foxglove Beardtongue)
- Rudbeckia triloba (Brown-eyed Susan)
- Solidago gigantea (Giant Goldenrod)
- Solidago rugosa (Wrinkleleaf Goldenrod)
- Solidago speciosa (Showy Goldenrod)
- Yucca filamentosa (Adam’s Needle Yucca)
Individual Plant Grant Application Form
Check out our Seedling Division Guide for instructions on how to divide seedlings, mix soil, and important factors to consider for the health and longevity of your native plant seedlings.
Volunteer at our Native Plant Giveaways!
We are opening our nursery for plant purchases and seedling giveaways on September 17th and 23rd and October 1st from 10 am to 4 pm! We would welcome help in giving away seedlings to help get native plants in the ground.
Use the link below to access our Volunteer Sign-up Form!